Living with Aspergers, ADD and Autism

What is aspergers?
What is autism? Is my child autistic?
Questions many parents ask themselves when they sense that their child is not the same as the other kids in the classroom.

The classroom is the place where every parent wants their child to fit in and achieve according to developmental guidelines/milestones. But alas it is also the place that research points out only caters for the learning styles of 15% of the population.

15% of the population so mum and dad take it easy. An institution which historically only caters for 15% is going to be in the habit of labelling the other 85%. The realisation that not every child is individually catered for in the school system and contradicting educational policy, is part of the harsh learning curve for the parents of these 85%.

Success in the education of children with disabilities and those different and hard to cater for learning styles falls back on the parents.

Some Considerations

Have you had your child assessed for retained Primitive Reflexes? In utero and the first few months of life a baby develops and uses Primitive reflexes which eg help the baby move and develop in the womb, actually go through the birthing process and develop muscular strength and sensory awareness. These reflexes stop working as the postural reflexes allow for rolling, sitting crawling running.

How cute that those early grasping reflexes and suckling can lead onto the development of writing and speaking skills

To assist you in this area locate a kinesiologist who is trained in Neural Organisation Techniques and Primitive Reflexes. Some chiropractors are trained in Primitive Reflex treatment.

Use Kinesiology to identify excesses and deficiencies in vitamins and minerals which are impacting on health, particularly zinc, magnesium and Vit B12.

A quiet, hidden and often ignored condition is that of pyphoria.

Pyphoria is a liver and blood disease where the heme molecule is either depleted or damaged.It is often undiagnosed and fits into the reportedly rare category when, in fact it quietly presents as common conditions and so this lends itself to possible ineffective treatments.
While the heme molecule is familiar to you as hemoglobin the carrier of oxygen, the heme molecule is also part of the structure of an enzyme Cytochrome P450 which is found throughout the body cells and in larger quantities in the liver.

If you have a problem with CYP450 you may present with a variety of problems ranging from depression, allergies, anemia, attention deficit. You may become angry after drinking coffee, alcohol and generally not cope well with stress. you may have a skin reaction as your liver and kidneys struggle with toxic overload.You may struggle with your weight as hormones and toxins are recycled.

A diet devoid of caffeine, alcohol, gluten, preservative will help to reduce the toxic overload that someone with porphyria is sensitive.

Dr Stephen Rochiltz has brilliantly researched this area and has books available through http://www.equilibrium.com.au

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s